Ronald L Siebler, Dallas Iron Work at La Fonda
Ron & Ward

In May of 2009, Ron Siebler was privileged to assist Ward Brinegar and Harmony Forge with the installation of hand-crafted iron railings around the mezzanine and skylights of La Plazuela, the beautiful enclosed courtyard restaurant in the heart of the La Fonda Hotel in Santa Fe.

Ward worked at the anvil six days a week for five months to hand forge more than 200 running feet of balusters and railings. It took a four-man crew seven days to complete the installation.

Ward's Anvil
Top rail wrapped by main post

Brinegar is one of the country’s preeminent architectural blacksmiths, and Siebler is proud to have assisted him with the installation of this exquisite work. Barbara Felix is the architect for the renovation project. Cameron Construction is the General Contractor.

The current La Fonda was built in 1922 on the site of the previous inns. In 1925 it was acquired by the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad, which leased it to Fred Harvey. From 1926 to 1968, La Fonda was one of the Harvey Houses, a renowned chain of fine hotels.

Securing the railings.
Bottom of skylight railings.

 

La Fonda has been locally owned and operated since 1968, and has continued a tradition of warm hospitality, excellent service and modern amenities while maintaining its historic integrity and architectural authenticity.

 

Home | Portfolio | Services | Generations | E-mail

Copyright 2009 Ronald L. Siebler. All Rights Reserved